Superfoods like spinach, blueberries and salmon are a great way to lose weight, fight illness and feel more energetic.
If you are tired of the most well-known choices, it is time to look to Pinterest. The top superfoods are listed on Pinterest’s “Superfood Smackdown” board.
1. Matcha: This is the powdered form of green tea. According to the Telegraph it contains antioxidants that fight viruses and cancer. This Matcha Banana Ice Cream recipe is a great way to make it at home.
2. Turmeric: Although detoxes and cleanses have become a major topic, this soup remains a good option. According to WebMD, it’s high in turmeric which is well-known for its ability to reduce inflammation and pain associated with arthritis.
3. WebMD says Chia is a well-known seed that can be sprinkled on almost anything, including cereals, vegetables, yogurt and sauces. These overnight oats are the easiest and most delicious way to consume them.
4. Flax Seeds: These are full of nutrients, fiber and antioxidants. They can be added to many of your favorite recipes. You can add them to baked goods, gluten free treats, or smoothies like this Citrus Green Smoothie.
5. Goji berries: This is how to have healthy skin! According to Huffington Post, these berries are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C and betacarotene. This compound is known to promote skin health. Combine them with dark chocolat and you will have a delicious treat that you won’t believe you’re helping others.
6. Hemp: These tiny seeds have 2 grams of fiber and 5g of protein per 2 tablespoons. To make it even healthier, mix them in hummus.
7. Acai: These South American berries, like many other superfoods have antioxidants and fiber. The Mayo Clinic reports that they also contain heart-healthy fats. Acai bowls can be found in many restaurants and cafes, but they are also easy to make at home. This recipe can be used as a starting point, or you can make your own with your favorite fruits and other ingredients.